Happy New Year

So our ever-shrinking group of friends spent last night at a huge party thrown by one of the local wedding palaces. The kind of place where there are usually 2 or 3 parties going on at the same time.   Each room was a different party, with a different DJ but the same menu, and you could wander from room to room if you chose.  It was fun, but...food was good, service was a bit  lacking, and the music was skewed a lot younger than we are.  We all felt a little "lost" in that huge crowd.  Next year we'll be looking for a smaller, more intimate party.

Midnight came, we hugged and kissed, made noise, drank champagne.

And then I unexpectedly found myself crying.  Overwhelmed by the passage of time.  Of the good and the bad that happened last year, of the hopes and fears I have for the future.

My quote for 2017:

“I keep my ideals because in spite of everything I still believe that people are good at heart.”   -- Anne Frank

Comments

  1. I was a sleep before 10 at night. I guess I'm party pooper.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday