Lazy Saturday

It was snowing when Drew and I got up this morning.  We checked the forecast, and we're expecting between 4 and 8 inches of snow today.  There's no place that we have to be, and Drew really hates driving in snowy weather, so we're staying at his house all day, we're making spaghetti for dinner (I love a man who cooks!)

Becca sent me a text this morning asking me to be careful in the snow.  No worries.  And I don't have to worry about Becca driving around in this weather, she's at her apartment in Manhattan. She'll be out and about today, helping her boyfriend and his cousin find a suitable apartment.

But Jen...is supposed to go to a christening today, the son of one of her good friends from high school is being christened.  The church is in our neighborhood, but the party is at the grandparents' house, and then she plans to drive to her boyfriend's house (yes, they reconciled).  That's a  lot of driving.  She drives an SUV, but still...forgive me if I can't stop worrying.  We live on the north shore of Long Island, which is very hilly, all the more treacherous in this kind of weather.

Sigh.  I am not a fan of snow.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A