life in and around NYC is insane

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September NaBloPoMo

September's NaBloPoMo theme is "lessons". And the writing prompts are all about going back school. Interesting theme, considering. I loved being a student, but I never had any aspirations of becoming a teacher. However, I am surrounded by educators. My father is a retired school administrator. He started out as an English teacher, became an assistant principal. (He eventful got his principal's license but was never appointed to a position.) My mother's career path...She taught Social Studies. Quit teaching to be a stay at home mom. Tried to go back to teaching when we were all a bit older, but couldn't find a suitable position and eventually made a career change. Drew is about to start his final year as a Special Ed teacher, he'll be retiring in June. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, where my life won't be tied to the school calendar. And Jen just got a new job as a teaching assistant in a neighboring school district. Pays a lot better than what she earned in our district as a paraprofessional. She will be working with Special Ed students. I'm hoping the new job will inspire her to go back to school, get her Master's and get a teaching license. I'm sure I'll find some inspiration from the NaBloPoMo prompts this month. Happy September!

3 comments:

Manasa said...

Nice post..

http://blog.Manasa.me

Suzanne said...

My lessons are online this semester. 8 classes left. :)

Christie McElwee said...

I just retired from teaching after thirty-one years of essays, research papers, speeches, and editing yearbooks. It’s scary, but I am enjoying these days of writing.

Blog Archive

About Me