September NaBloPoMo

September's NaBloPoMo theme is "lessons". And the writing prompts are all about going back school. Interesting theme, considering. I loved being a student, but I never had any aspirations of becoming a teacher. However, I am surrounded by educators. My father is a retired school administrator. He started out as an English teacher, became an assistant principal. (He eventful got his principal's license but was never appointed to a position.) My mother's career path...She taught Social Studies. Quit teaching to be a stay at home mom. Tried to go back to teaching when we were all a bit older, but couldn't find a suitable position and eventually made a career change. Drew is about to start his final year as a Special Ed teacher, he'll be retiring in June. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, where my life won't be tied to the school calendar. And Jen just got a new job as a teaching assistant in a neighboring school district. Pays a lot better than what she earned in our district as a paraprofessional. She will be working with Special Ed students. I'm hoping the new job will inspire her to go back to school, get her Master's and get a teaching license. I'm sure I'll find some inspiration from the NaBloPoMo prompts this month. Happy September!

Comments

  1. Nice post..

    http://blog.Manasa.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lessons are online this semester. 8 classes left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just retired from teaching after thirty-one years of essays, research papers, speeches, and editing yearbooks. It’s scary, but I am enjoying these days of writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday