Burger City

Burger City Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Last Friday was National Cheeseburger Day. I would never have known it but for the burger posts that kept popping up in my Facebook feed, so by the end of the day I had such a craving ....

And so we headed over to Burger City.

This place is a throwback, a salute to hamburger stands of the 50's and 60's. A kiosk in the middle of a shopping center parking lot. No seating area, just a few outside tables to lean on if you don't want to eat in your car. Very simple menu -- hamburger, cheeseburger, hot dog, fries and onion rings, shakes. Not a lot of options, no real choice of toppings. But they advertise that the food is always fresh, never frozen.

My double cheeseburger -- two patties, cheese, ketchup, chopped onion, pickles. Juicy but not sloppy, a tasty burger. Thick cut fries cooked in peanut oil were salty but not overwhelmingly so. Drew had a hot dog -- I think they use Hebrew National -- with sauerkraut (I saw the cans of Sabrett sauerkraut in the cooking area).

Next time I think I'll try the onion rings, they looked really good. We didn't try the shakes.

Overall a nice place to grab a quick bite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday