More crazy mixed up family BS

My father is coming home for a visit today, for Father's Day.   So we will have a special dinner tonight. 



So how does this happy occasion turn into drama?



Easy.







My three sisters do all the cooking, of course.  So putting dinner on the table becomes an all-day affair.    Don't ask how it becomes such a drawn-out process, I am not a participant in the process.  At their choice.



So today I was asked to pick up, and pay for, two cakes that were ordered from our favorite bakery.  I wouldn't have had a problem with this, except . . .and here's where the drama begins . . .





Drew and I are having brunch with Jen and Becca at 12:30.  Becca was in the city last night, and had to take a train home this morning.  Jen went to a party last night and slept at her friend Jill's, and had to pick up Becca at the train station at 11:30.  Drew and I went to the Ducks game last night, and I slept at his house.





The first time I heard about the cake was at 11 this morning, right after I got out of the shower and before I had a chance to get dressed. Meaning, I don't have time to pick it up before brunch, and that I might not have time after brunch because the bakery closes at 3 and the restaurant is a good 30 minutes away from the bakery.  If we are seated at 12:30 we will likely be done in time, but if we have to wait . . .

If I had known yesterday,  I would have planned to be up earlier so that I could get the cake and still be on time for brunch.  The cake was ordered several days ago, it would have been easy. . .

But the passive aggressive BS plan was to stress me out, ruin the brunch and then be able to say that "songbird never does anything to help. "

Sisters dear, I know you've been consuming the groceries I bought for my children, so you need to stop it now . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A