Diamonds are a girl's best friend

Or rather, a Diamond. Neil Diamond, to be precise. Saw him at Jones Beach Friday night. Feasted on cheeseburgers and fries from the snack bar before the show . . .major league expensive but very tasty. But I now know just how large a puddle a $9 soda leaves when knocked over . . .It was cool and windy down by the water, but the wind died down just before Neil took the stage. He's 71 now, and still looks and sounds good. He sang for two hours, concentrating on hits from the 60's and early 70's, not his later songs. Of course he did Sweet Caroline and Cherry Cherry. And of course he did I'm a Believer. Loved it.


Tonight we saw Prometheus, the Alien prequel.Drew still jokes about my reaction to the first movie, says I nearly pulled his arm right out of its socket. "In space no one can hear you scream." This movie was not quite as good simply because you could anticipate what was about ti happen, but it does work.


Wound up at Denny's after the movie. No wait for a table at that hour, but even at 10 PM the place was busy. Wanted a meatball sub, but they were out. Had a "super bird" instead - turkey, bacon, melted cheese and tomato on toasted sourdough. Nice sandwich. First time I had anything other than breakfast or a burger. It's now on my list of "likes". Someday I may actually leave room for dessert - the dessert menu looked interesting. As we were leaving I saw someone else being served chocolate chip pancakes smothered in whipped cream - looked so good that I may have to try it next time. Denny's on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday