songbird's rescue mission

So the same weekend Jen had the crisis with her car, Becca had a crisis too.

She called me from Philly, where she was visiting a friend. She was half hysterical.

Seems she got a phone call from her bank's fraud department.Someone used her debit card to make an online purchase, $300 worth of software.

She'd taken care of all the necessary stuff with the bank before she called me. And fortunately she already had her bus ticket back to NYC.

But she had a problem. The bank is sending her new debit card to her permanent address, and she was told it takes 5-7 business days to replace the card. She wasn't able to get to her bank to make a withdrawal, and she had about $8 in her wallet.

So on a Sunday night I found myself on the train, headed into the city to meet up with Becca, to give her some cash to tide her over until the bank situation is fully resolved.

I felt a bit guilty running into the city to rescue Becca just two days after telling Jen I was tapped out...but the circumstances are very different, aren't they?

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty. Also glad you could help your friend out. (Redquill 319 from Nablopomo).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday