kidlet coming home tonight

and I wish I could say I was happy about it. but she's coming home because tomorrow night she has to go to a wake, her good friend's mother died last thursday.

still, my baby will be home tonorrow, on her birthday. her 18th birthday.

can you believe she's actually going to be 18? where has the time gone?

she was born on a Wednesday, the day after Election Day. my due date was 11/8, and my last day of work had been on Friday the 3rd. I thought "first babies are always late" and that I'd ahve a few days home alone to get ready for this incredible new role in my life. famous last words.

tuesday night, I made a steak dinner, and Drew and I settled onto the couch to watch a Madonna concert on HBO. at first I was not sure I was feeling real labor pains, but eventually the truth dawned on me. we dropped off the keys at my Aunt eileen's (she lived 4 blocks from us, and we wanted her to take care of the cat and dog), and we headed for the hospital.

I had an easy labor and delivery. at first the hospital wouldn't admit me, I wasn't far enough along in my labor, so we walked around the hospital lobby. and walked. and walked. at 1:00 AM I made them admit me, even though they thought I wasn't progressing...there was no labor room, so they set me up in the recovery room...after the epidural took effect I actually fell asleep.

around 5:30 they moved me to a labor room.

around 6-ish Dr. Seidman told Drew we'd be there awhile, and that he could go grab some breakfast. at 6 there wwas only cold food, he waited until the cook arrived at 6:30 so he could get hot food --- and nearly missed his daughter being born.

I think they brought me to the delivery room around 7.

and at 7:32, my Jennifer was born. 6 pounds 6 ounces, 19 inches long, and absolutely perfect.

and she still is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A