Sad house

 So last month we moved .8 mile, which put us in a different neighborhood/zip code/municipality — we moved across the border from Hicksville to Levittown, from a neighborhood west of Newbridge Road (a major thoroughfare) to one east of Newbridge Road. Which means a new neighborhood to explore on my afternoon walk.

So I get to see more Levitt houses.  They started out as cookie cutter, assembly line structures.   But over the years … well, people built out and up, and now no two houses are alike.

The other day I found myself in front of a sad house.  There was a fire a few weeks ago.  No one was injured or killed, thank goodness, but the house is boarded up, empty…

Will they repair the house?  Or will they do what a lot of folks around here are doing, and tear it down to build a McMansion?


Comments

  1. My crystal ball says the fate will be tear down to build a McMansion. We had a house in our neighborhood burn about three weeks ago, just before dawn. It is boarded up and empty, too. Wondering what its fate will be, too as I haven't seen the McMansion trend in this area - not yet, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! No McMansion. Fingers crossed that they're more original than that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!