Kids … and their parents

 So I was looking at my Facebook memories the other day …. And there it was, an incident that happened 13 years ago, when Drew and I were vacationing in Disney World.

We were standing on line for a ride (I think it was Soarin’) and a child, a young boy, was getting a bit wild, and accidentally kicked me. His mother told him to settle down, but she didn’t make him apologize to me.  She didn’t say anything to me either.  

And then, another Facebook memory. Exactly three years later.  A group of us were at the New York Renaissance Faire.  A young boy, maybe 5 years old, kicked some rocks, and one rock hit me.  The boy’s mother told him to apologize to me.  He refused to do so.  So she apologized and told me ‘he’s been doing that all day.”  My thought?  Well of course he has, there are no consequences for his behavior.

I can’t help but wonder what kind of teenagers those two boys have become.

Comments

  1. Maybe someone by middle school gave them a taste of their own medicine, and they changed? Hopefully. The rock kicker should have been taken out of the fair if he refused to apologize. Five is old enough to know to, even if the rock kick was an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday, at the New York State Fair, an older woman stepped on my foot and never acknowledged it, never apologized, nothing. Perhaps that's an example of what those children became as adults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It amazing how people slash kid behave. I have a friend who and only child, like me. Who toss a fit at fair so, she could get something. Well she got it.
    I know if I tried something like that. My day would of been finished.
    So I don't think it generation thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. You probably have had kids I’ve this in your classes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!