#skywatchfriday — ECLIPSE!

 So … there was a little event around here on Monday …here on Long Island we were not in the path of totality, but we got about 90% coverage.  

I watched from my own back yard,

The weather cooperated … sort of.  We had clear skies when the eclipse began, but clouds moved in just as the eclipse reached its peak.   I was able to see everything through my eclipse glasses.  I took some photos with my phone and my iPad, but after the clouds rolled in…

Anyhow, here are some photos.

Cloud cover:




But I did get a few shots of the main event.





As the eclipse reached its peak the temperature dropped.  We didn’t get total darkness, but with the cloud cover it was dark enough to trip the sensors for the streetlights.  And a moment later, when the clouds broke, the sunlight …it was pale, almost washed out.  A bit eerie.  I’m sure totality was more intense, but this was still amazing.


#skywatchfriday

Comments

  1. We had 95%, similar experience to yours. The got cool, the light was still plentiful but it caused security lights to come on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a nice picture with the last shot and also loved the colors in the fourth from bottom shot. The weather where I live (97.6% total) didn't cooperate - it sounded about the same as what I experienced in Rochester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool you got to experience this! We only had 15-20% of totality, so it didn't get dark. Still fun to look at through filtered glasses, but wasn't able to get any photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. And it would have been a crap shoot as to whether or not you had good weather for totality if you had travelled, so it was probably just fine to stay home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday