G is for Gremlin

 From Wikipedia

gremlin is a mischievous folkloric creature invented at the beginning of the 20th century to originally explain malfunctions in aircraft, and later in other machinery, processes, and their operators. Depictions of these creatures vary widely. Stories about them and references to them as the causes of especially inexplicable technical and mental problems of pilots were especially popular during and after World War II.

But 80’s kids are more inclined to think of three rules:

(1) keep them away from bright light;

(2) never get them wet; and 

(3) never, ever feed them after midnight


Break the rules and your cute little Mogwai becomes a gremlin capable of wreaking havoc on an entire town.  Yeah, all hell will break loose if you fail to follow the rules.


  


Comments

  1. I definitely fall under the 80s kid category.

    Stopping in from A-to-Z: https://brewingcoffeetwistingwordsbreakingpencils.ca/2024/04/08/general-store/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've never seen the movie. I have an 80s kid, so I'll have to ask him if he has. When I hear "Gremlin" I think of the AMC car model in the 70s and 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never understood "don't feed them after midnight". How far after midnight? Because right now is technically "after midnight". Breakfast is "after midnight". That instruction is way too vague. (Yes, my brain works like this.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’ve got to go with “suspension of disbelief” and not use logic to enjoy the movie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday