Saturday 9

 


Mirrors


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Mirrors (2013)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Is there a mirror in the room you're in now?

I’m in my bedroom, where I have a full-length mirror on the back of my door.
 
2) In this song, Justin Timberlake tells his lover he just can't wait till they're together. What are you eagerly looking forward to today?

Well…I was supposed to go to a baseball game today, but it’s been postponed because of rain … so we’re trying to make alternate plans.
 
3) Justin Timberlake is known as a sharp dresser who is always on trend. What item have you recently added to your wardrobe? 

A dress.  I’m  going to my cousin’s wedding next month.

 
4) Justin was an accomplished child performer who appeared on the entertainment competition show Star Search when he was just 11. When Crazy Sam was 11, her only job was loading and unloading the dishwasher, for which she received an allowance from her dad. Did you have chores when you were a kid?
 
I have three younger siblings, we all had  responsibilities.


5) He says he tries never to miss breakfast, even on the road, and his favorite is peanut butter banana pancakes. Given the choice, do you prefer pancakes, french toast, or waffles?

 Oh, you’re killing me.  I was diagnosed with Celiac disease in March.   I can’t eat any of those unless they’re gluten-free.


6) When they were still in their teens, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears were sweethearts. Obviously it's been easy for him to keep up with her successes and problems over the years. Do you wonder what one of your exes is up to?
  Occasionally.  But not enough to find out.


7) In 2013, when this song was popular, Pope Benedict resigned. Thinking of your working life, have you felt greater stress on your first day at a job, or your last?

The first.

8) Also in 2013, the NHL owners reached an agreement with the players union and avoided a strike. Have you ever belonged to a union?

No.

9) Random question: When was one of the first times when you felt like an adult?

You know, I felt like an impostor for most of my 20’s.  Graduated from college and law school, got my first career-oriented job, moved out of my parents’ house, got married…still felt like an imposter.

And then I turned 30, and my daughter was born.
 


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

 

Comments

  1. #9 is turning out to be the most interesting answer this week. Imposter syndrome is real. I'm glad we're finally talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, having a child did it for me too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are able to find a lot of good-tasting gluten free foods. What a hassle to relearn everything about eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend tells me she feels much better for going gluten free. But this was a choice, not because she had to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had responsibilities.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's that first day, when you're just home from the hospital and put this little bundle in his/her crib and then realized you're responsible for it for the rest of its life! (That little bundle is now 57, so I guess I did ok)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? We're supposed to *feel* like an adult? When does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  8. #6/ lol..
    Gluten free recipes are all over Pinterest, that's where I found the best ones. Then I found out that wasn't the problem. Celiac is no joke. Sorry you have it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday