more this and that

So, my laptop saga.  Three years ago, when I got my new job, my employer installed software on my personal laptop so that I could work from home "temporarily".  Yeah, COVID is fun.  Anyhow, eventually the company issued me a company-owned laptop. But my personal device took quite a beating.  Six-year-old laptop with a broken touchpad and half a dozen software issues.  I use my iPad for most things, so I didn't need to immediately fix the laptop.  But when the iPad turned into a brick... Really started to miss the laptop while I was waiting for the new iPad to be delivered. So the other day I drove over to the computer repair shop.   The cost to repair the old laptop ... for the same money I was able to get a new machine.  So now I have two laptops for Shadow to crawl on, one for business and one for myself.

Speaking of COVID ... the pandemic is officially over.  WHO says so.  The federal government says so.  The state health department says so.  Most people have already returned to normal, or rather, the new normal, but I do have a friend who is upset that her doctors dropped the masking requirement at their offices.   But the legal cases linger on...

I had another ugly flying thing invade my house the other day.  Shadow spotted it before I did.  And she was so disappointed when I got rid of her new flying "toy". I just didn't think it was a good idea for her to play with a "toy" that might sting her.  Or me.

Sunday is Mother's Day.  Drew and Jen and Becca are taking me out to brunch.  We are heading to a Greek/Mediterranean restaurant, a new restaurant that occupies the space of one of our old favorites.  Things change, I guess, and nothing is forever.  I am looking forward to spending the day with my daughters.

But this will be the first Mother's Day where I am the only mother in the family ... right now I  am missing my mother.  She was an incredible woman.




Comments

  1. I'm still wearing a mask, but I'm leaning towards not. We'll see.

    Glad you were able to get a new computer. May it work well for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think COVID will be with us for quite a while, not as debilitating as it once was, fortunately. I've had several online friends catch it recently, so it's not gone. We plan to take some N95 masks with us when we visit Europe next fall. Plus get both our flu and the latest COVID booster shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since my husband and I both got COVID in April, I can say it definitely isn't gone. We had both gotten the bivalent booster in October so maybe it had worn off. We still wear masks in our local supermarket and any doctors office. But yes, I admit, we don't mask everywhere anymore and we aren't even totally sure where we got it from. Enjoy (if Shadow allows you to) your new laptop. I'm a little amazed you could blog on an iPad; I don't think I could. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday