Another this and that

 I’ve been quiet for the last few days.  My iPad died, and it took a few days to replace it. My phone is good for a quick message, but not for long blog posts.  And I never bothered to repair my laptop when it died last year —something I intend to remedy this week.

I watched the coronation yesterday.  I’m not a big fan of Charles (I was always in camp Diana), but as a student of history I find the pomp and tradition fascinating.  

Drew and I went our for Mexican food Friday to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  Great local restaurant.  I’ve been wary of dining out since my Celiac diagnosis, but I really enjoyed the meal.  We had queso fundido and fajitas, and I made sure to order corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas.  This restaurant makes killer margaritas. 

And while we were eating, Drew became nostalgic.  The summer of 2020 was horrible, but there were bright spots, and one involved the Mexican restaurant.  The restaurant had a great takeout deal for Taco Tuesday,  and that included margaritas— the liquor laws were relaxed and restaurants could do cocktails “to go”.  The drinks were $3 on Tuesdays. Our friend Kathy would sometimes join us. Those summer Tuesdays were fun.

Last night we went to TGI Friday’s.  I’m finding that most chains have gluten-free or gluten-sensitive menus.  Nice to know I didn’t have to ask what’s in my food.  

We always go to Friday’s after seeing a movie, since the restaurant is in the same shopping center as the theater.   This time around we saw Guardians of the Galaxy.  The comic book/action hero movies can be a lot of fun.  And the rule about Marvel movies is “don’t leave until the house lights come on.”  Yes, there were two post credit scenes.   I won’t spoil the movie, though, so I can’t talk about it …

We saw many coming attractions, including (surprisingly) a trailer for a serious film, Oppenheimer, about the creation of the atomic bomb.  It’s definitely on my list.  

I’ve started to go into the office two days a week.  I enjoy working from home, but I missed the structure and social interaction that comes with going to work.  Having a hybrid schedule means I get the best of both worlds.

Wow, look at this post.  I guess I’m making up for lost time,

Comments

  1. I too watched the coronation. It's no doubt very fascinating. What I like is the way centuries-old traditions are preserved in this modern-age.
    I hope you are able to get your laptop back to working condition.
    The big advantage of working from home is the saving of commute time. But the drawback is we miss out on mingling with colleagues and the office ambience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there is something nice about going somewhere to work. I liked teaching from home, but it did get old quick. (If you do decide to replace your laptop, check out bhphotovideo.com. They've got great prices, and they're in your neck of the woods.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DVR'd the coronation and I still have the part right after King Charles was crowned to watch. I find the history and symbolism fascinating. I can miss the office, too, but so far, especially as I am part time, it's so nice having the 30 second commute, especially in the winter. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. He had burrito for dinner.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday