Ratatouille

 So last week, when we went out to the North Fork, we stopped at a farm stand.  Lots of local produce was available.  So I bought lots of local produce.  Too much local produce.  When I got it all home, I had to wonder “how am I going to eat all of this before it goes bad?”

The answer?

Ratatouille. 

I mean, I had beautiful eggplant, zucchini and summer squash, what else could I make?  Though I wound up using canned tomatoes, the beefsteaks I bought at the farm stand weren’t completely ripe.  And I have to say I was not impressed with the purple bell peppers; red or yellow or orange are much more flavorful.

I had not made ratatouille in years…  

I served the stew with couscous.  Made for a very interesting and delicious meal.

  

So good.



Comments

  1. If life gives you lemons... Or, rather, if life gives you produce...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was delicious. We had good success with eggplants last year, and husband made (and froze) ratatouille. This year our eggplants were a fail. You'd think, with the hot weather, we'd have another successful year, but that's how gardening goes. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday