Music Monday

 And it’s a “your choice” week.


Guess where we were last Tuesday!





Yep, Jones Beach Theater.  Time for the annual Jimmy Buffett concert.  

It makes news here in New York.  Here’s a story from a few years ago.



The first time we saw Jimmy in concert was in November 2009 at MSG.  We had such a good time that we’ve made it our business to see his Jones Beach show almost every summer.

The view from our seats this year:

  

Rear orchestra, not bad at all.

Last year it rained an we got drenched.  This year the weather was so much better.

Of course we had cheeseburgers before the show.   And Drew bought me a t shirt,  you’re going to laugh when I show you …




This is the shirt he bought for me last week.  Now let me show you the shirt he bought for me last year.

  



If you think the shirts look the same, you’re wrong.  The first shirt says the tour name is “Life on the Flip Side”, with the date 2022.  The second is from the “Life on the Flip Side” tour from 2021.

Other than that … same shirt.  He bought the shirt for himself, too.  He must really like that shirt.

Great concert, as always.  Jimmy always likes to personalize a concert, makes references to local landmarks and events.  But Jimmy has a home on Long Island, so when he talks about local landmarks, it feels authentic,

Jimmy told a story about how his life changed when Fred Neil took him to Key West.  I didn’t know Jimmy recorded a cover of this song.


   


Of course he sang all of his big hits.

Phins up!


  

Let’s throw some burgers on the grill

  

The volcano is about to erupt

  

Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call …



Son of a son ..
  

You must include this song


The very last song he sang at our first concert in 2009 was also the song he closed with at Jones Beach.

Comments

  1. Looks like a great time and so very cool. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy listening to Jimmy Buffet. He brings that summery fun feel to his music. Tropical islands and heat really isn't my thing but it sure makes nice ear candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the shirts had to be slightly different. I couldn't read the year on the last one.

      Delete
  3. If it ain't broke... Now you just need a collection of the same shirt with only differing dates. (2 is a coincidence. 3 is a collection.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny, about the shirts. If I look through old photos I tend to take the same shots of certain things over and over, for the last 10 years. At least Drew is consistent. I like Jimmy Buffet more and more each time I listen to him, but listening to him wish the crowd a happy Thanksgiving made me a bit sad. That holiday will be here before we know it. I wish I could live in Jimmy's world of perpetual summer sometimes. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday