Saturday 9

 

Cardigan

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every
Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! 


Saturday 9: Cardigan (2020)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) When she's feeling low, Taylor Swift compares herself to an old cardigan, forgotten under the bed. Do you store anything under your bed? Or do you try to keep that area clear (except for dust bunnies)?

Small apartment, space is at a premium.  I have some under bed storage conytainers for my shoes.

2) The lyrics begin with a reference to a new phone. Do you foresee yourself getting a new phone before 2021 ends? Or are you happy with the one you've got?

I love my Pixel and won't replace it until it dies. 

3) She sings that her lover haunts all of her "what if's." Have you recently wondered, "what if?" What were you musing about?  

Anyone who has had to make decisions wonders if the decision was right, if the road not taken is better than thte path they're on.


4) Taylor Swift admits that she rewinds after concerts by watching Friends reruns. What do you do to relax? 

My iPad has all my favorite things -- music, videos, books, games, social media...

5) Thinking of TV shows, Taylor appeared on a 2009 episode of CSI. That series was about crime-scene investigators who use forensics to solve murders. Do you enjoy crime shows?  

Of course!

6) Taylor grew up on an 11-acre tree farm where she learned to ride. Her mother was a horsewoman and hoped riding was a passion they could share. When she was 12, Taylor admitted to her mother that she really wasn't that into it and wished she could spend more time on her music. Her mother was supportive. Tell us about a tough conversation you've had that turned out well.

7) She enjoys good, old-fashioned mysteries, especially those by Agatha Christie. Are you currently reading a book?  






8) In 2020, the year this song was released, Jeopardy host Alex Trebek died. The search for a new host has caused interest and even controversy. Would you enjoy the job?  

Yes!  Jeopardy is one of my favorite shows.

9) Random question: Of Superman's three superpowers -- tremendous strength, the ability to fly, and x-ray vision -- which would you choose?

I'd be afraid to fly...so maybe strength is the best choice for me.


Comments

  1. How IS Ready Player Two? Ready Player One is one of my favorite re-reads, and I gave Ready Player Two a cursory try during the height of the pandemic, which was a bad idea, because, for some reason, I just could not read anything during that whole time. I think I may put this one on my library wish list for another try. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did we survive and relax before we had all these electronic gadgets? My latest relaxing time-waster is a coloring app on my phone. The only thing that slows me down is that it drains the battery rather quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on strength. I feel my strength leaving me everyday. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you about the small apartment needing storage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you're on Jeopardy!, I'll tell people, "There she is! She's my blogging buddy."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to see you on Jeopardy! Too bad us regular folk couldn't try out for the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recall Cardigan.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually keep yarn under my bed. I've got a couple of those under bed storage thingies, and they store quite a bit of yarn. I only get a new phone when it's no longer getting the updates to the new operating systems. So, I've got a couple more years on my current one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. #3 You are so right. When I was a boss I always worried about the decisions that I made. We tested the control systems for a billion dollar power plant when they went to turn it on, nothing. They flipped the switch a couple of times... still nothing.
    Talk about pressure!
    It turned out that the contractor who stalled it dropped a screw in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday