another this and that

 Last weekend Drew and I took his aunt and uncle to Jones Beach. Drew's uncle is 87 and his health is declining.  We thought fresh air and sunshine would make him feel better, and we were right.  We didn't stay long, didn't want to overtax his strength.  But it was good to be out and about. 

Afterwards we had a late lunch at a diner.  Drew's aunt couldn't believe how much food you get when you order from a Long Island diner.  We all brought home lots of leftovers.

Drew and I  are going to try to get down to the beach a few more times before the weather gets very cold.  I like the beach in the off season, I'll even go there in the wintertime.  Drew will come with me if the weather is decent, but once it gets cold I'll be going on my own.

I may try to get to the beach Saturday,  I can't go Sunday, we're going to a friend's birthday party.

We also have plans for a few more Ducks games.  They made the playoffs!  No surprise, actually, they were the league champs in 2019; the team had to wait until this year to raise their pennant, since there was no season in 2020. 

I'm hoping they'll win again this year. Especially since my Mets crashed and burned.  Though the Yankees' playoff hopes are still alive.  My heart belongs to the orange and blue, but I'll root for the Yankees if they're in the post season. I was beside myself in the year 2000, with the Mets and the Yankees playing each other in the World Series.

Yes, things are starting to feel almost normal...


Comments

  1. I got my third jab yesterday and I know, studying history, that pandemics eventually end. In the meantime, it's good that you did this for Drew's aunt and uncle; there is something healing about being in nature. Normal? We are having several annual events locally (all cancelled in 2020) in the next two weeks and I look forward to going to at least a couple of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach is nice when it's not full of people. Cooler weather is nice, too. Glad you got a chance to get out and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A