Another this and that

 So we celebrated Rosh HaShanah and my mother’s birthday.  We dined al fresco, but at least we were all together.  Another step towards normalcy.

Poor Jen … I brought  two cakes to the birthday celebration, a chocolate cake and a raspberry mousse cake. My sister was carrying the chocolate cake from inside the house, and was following with the raspberry cake.  Jen told her aunt “be careful, don’t drop the cake.”  A moment later …the raspberry cake slipped off the cake stand and landed on the porch.  Jen was so upset!  But everyone else laughed … We enjoyed the chocolate cake.

I watched the Hall of Fame induction from Cooperstown.  Jeter  is a real gentleman, isn’t he?

The weed that ate my patio is dead …seriously, the plants (there was more than one) had grown to over five feet tall and four feet wide.  It was starting to flower. I borrowed some garden shears from Drew and hacked that thing to pieces.

I think my neighbor drained his pool yesterday.  Time to winterize it, I guess.  The family barely used it all summer.

But yes, there’s been a change in the weather.  It’s actually cool at night.  It still feels like summer during the day, but I’ve been wearing a lightweight sweater or hoodie if I’m outside for a long time at night. I’m not quite ready to break out the fall clothes …yet.  

We’ve got lots of autumn plans.  I’m looking forward to so many things …

Comments

  1. You know, from my experience, as soon as you say, "Don't..." it happens. Aunt wouldn't have been so nervous if Jen hadn't cautioned her!
    Our nights are cool too, it's so much easier to sleep as I don't have AC in the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had some cool nights, too, but we're warned of heat for the next few days. Typical September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like September and watching the leaves change color.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moral of story: don't warn people not to do something! (But I still do it). Supposed to get into the 40's tonight. I'm not ready. Trees are showing early signs of color change. Fall is here. Hoping you can accomplish your fall plans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday