Road trip day 6

 


Back to Inner Harbor, this time for the National Aquarium.

In addition to the main part of the aquarium, there are separate areas for the sea creatures of Australia and a pavilion dedicated to dolphins and jellyfish.  They don’t do “dolphin shows” anymore, but if you arrive at feeding time you can catch the dolphins at play.  There are also interesting views of the harbor area.

Some of my favorites:


Yes, that’s the Constellation, the ship we visited the other day.



This dolphin wanted to show off.






What a croc!






Poisonous frog:






Those blue things look like shrimp!
















And moving right along …





Top of the World is an observation deck 27 stories above the harbor.





The Constellation 






The Bromo Seltzer Building



Back in the day, the company had a clear blue bottle at the top of the building.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—

If you recognize those lines, you'll know where else we were headed,,,

Yes, we went to the Edgar Allan Poe House.











It's a very small house and a very short tour.  Interesting, though, to see how Poe lived.

Tomorrow we visit Antietam.

Comments

  1. Looks like it was a busy day. I would have loved that view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what a view. What a lovely aquarium, too. What I remember of Baltimore and the one afternoon we were there (when my son was young) was the Port Discovery children's museum, one of the best we were ever to. (We went to a number of children's museums over the years!). We skipped the aquarium and the Poe House, and I regret this now. (Fun fact, there's a Poe Cottage in the Bronx, a couple of miles from where I grew up. His wife Virginia died in that cottage, which is also one of the oldest houses in the Bronx.) I wish I took more of an interest in this kind of stuff when I grew up there! My husband is a big Poe fan and we even saw the outside of his dorm room at the University of Virginia. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday