another this and that, vacation edition

 Whoever got the idea to add GPS to cell phones was a genius.  My current favorite app is WAZE.

We were in the car,  we were in a turning lane, waiting to make a left turn.  The cars in front of us were at a complete stop.  We stopped.  The car behind us stopped.  The car behind him...we heard the impact.  Getting rear ended is never fun, but it would have been disastrous on vacation. We were lucky.  

We stayed at a Days Inn.  Two photos I pulled off their website:





 As you can see, it's three stories tall, no exterior corridors.  Our room was on the third floor. Basic motel chain, nothing newsworthy...until...

As we were checking in Saturday afternoon, I heard the desk clerk explain "the elevator isn't working, I called a repairman."  Repairman came, couldn't fix the elevator, and it remained out of service until Monday afternoon.

But no one thought it necessary to cancel the paint job.  Yes, they were painting the stairways that weekend.

That was no problem for the folks on the ground floor.  People on the second floor could walk around to the back of the building and use a ramp meant for housekeeping carts to avoid the stairs.  We were on the third floor...I wound up with paint on my hands more than once. At least it was just my hands, not my clothes...


Serious thought coming up.

I am a patriot.  I love my country and all it represents.  My love of country was sorely tested for four long years, but it is starting to come back.  Visiting  sites that represent our history, both good and bad, and seeing how we've overcome so many challenges in the past, gives me faith that we will overcome our current problems and once again come together as a nation.  At least, I hope we will.

Comments

  1. Sound like your trip been great, the broken elevator is minor thing.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you so need to complain to someone about no elevator *and* painting the stairs. That's just bad planning. Glad you avoided being rear-ended.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday