I’ll meet you anytime you want in our Italian restaurant...

Can you get looped on one glass of wine?

I am unquestionably a lightweight.

We went out for Italian last night, tried a restaurant we’d never been to before, a place called Cara Mia.

I ordered a Prosecco, Drew had sangria.  We shared an order of baked clams (whole little necks), he had veal francaise, I had veal parmigiana.

And Drew knew I was a bit “happy” because I was softly singing ...

“A bottle of red, a bottle of white, it all depends upon your appetite...”

And then as we were leaving, I sang “Cara Mia, why must we say good bye ...”

The cold air sobered me up ... 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the smiles. I am not much of a wine drinker as my go to drink is rum and coke. I really have to watch the alcohol intake due to my blood pressure though. I would love to meet you, sit down and have a meal though, how fun that would be, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you sobered up, you might have been able to hit that high note like Jay Traynor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember growing up in New York City in the 1960's, and one of the DJ's on WABC Music Radio 77 would extend Jay's Cara Mia high note for what seemed like forever I should try to find a recording of him doing that on You Tube. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, that would be remarkable, especially because I (badly) sing alto.

    I thought it was Jay Black, not Traynor, who recorded “Cara Mia”. Didn’t Traynor leave the group early on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I surly wouldn't recomend any betting on me when it comes to drinking.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Compared to teetotaller me, you're a champion. I bet you could drink me under the table.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday