Jersey Mike's -- Deer Park

Jersey Mike's Subs Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I don't often write negative reviews, but ...

I really like Jersey Mike's Subs, but I won't be visiting the Deer Park location any time soon. 

It's really hard to think positively about a place where you were made to feel invisble.

It was a weeknight, about 7:30 in the evening.  I'd been to this location 3-4 times before, without a problem, so I did not anticipate any issues that night either. 

Another customer and I arrived at the store at the smae time.  There were no other customers in the store, and there were four employees behind the counter.  I wasn't sure what I wanted, so I let the other customer go ahead of me.

BIG MISTAKE.

Apparently the other customer was a friend of several of the employees.  He ordered a cheesesteak, and the young woman behind the counter went into the kitchen to prepare it for him.  Two of the other employees went into the kitchen with her, leaving the fourth employee behind the counter. 

The young man behind the counter made a pretense of slicing meat as he chatted with his friend.  Cut a slice, chat.  Cut a slice, chat.  Cut a slice, chat.  He looked at me, went back to talking with his friend.  Looked at me a second time, went back to chatting. 

I'd been standing in the store for a significant amount of time, and not a single employee had spoken to me.  Clearly they were not busy, so there was no excuse for such poor customer service.  Finally I got the young man's attention, and I said to him:  "You should not be chatting with your friend when you have another customer in the store waiting to order."

His only response was "OK, let me take your order."

Had he apologized, I would have placed an order. 

I walked out and took my business elsewhere. 

Feedback I left on the owner's Facebook went unanswered.

The store is located in a shopping center in a busy intersection, within sight of 6 or 7 other restaurants (including a direct competitor) and two coffee chains.  But if they don't clean up their act, they won't be there much longer....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday