Squashed!

Or rather, nearly squashed.

Drew and I went to the Yankee game yesterday (full report coming soon).  We decided to take my car, thinking my compact Prius-C would be a lot easier to park than that monstrosity he drives (he's got a 7 passenger minivan).

Well, the good news is my Prius got 56 miles to the gallon, which meant I used less than a full gallon of gas to drive to the Bronx and back again. 

The bad news is, we almost got killed on the Bruckner Expressway.

Picture it.  A three lane expressway.  The right lane is marked "exit only".  The left and middle lanes are for through traffic. 

My little blue Prius was in the center lane, with a bus in the left lane (yes, I know, he shouldn't have been in the left lane, but...),  and a tractor trailer in the right lane.  Just as I said to Drew "I'm a bit uncomfortable between such large vehicles", the truck driver realized that he needed to move over to the middle lane if he wanted to remain on the highway. 

So he started to move.

He moved Into the space that was occupied by my car.

If I hadn't been able to move to the left and get in front of the bus ...

I guess you take your life into your hands when you drive in the Bronx.

Comments

  1. I hate it when that happens. I drive a little car, too. And those behemoths... I'll lay on my horn, although that doesn't always help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say that the truck driver can see you if you can see the truck’s mirrors. Doesn’t help, though, if the driver never looks at the mirrors ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday