Back to the future, day 1

So yesterday was my first day as an intrepid commuter.   Up before dawn, drove to the railroad station, groaned when I heard the announcement that the train was running late.  Eventually the train came, squeezed myself into a seat ...

Transferred to the subway.  No seat, had to grab onto a pole to keep my balance. Got off at Wall Street, walked to the office.  It’s an interesting neighborhood, lots of changes since the last time I worked here.  I’m anxious to explore it again.

Spent the day getting set up in the new office — ID card, computer log on, voice mail.  No substantive work yet.  But that’s coming, of course.

My workstation has a window!  And a view of the building next door.

Our break room has a view of the Brooklyn Bridge, the Manhattan Bridge, the Brooklyn waterfront, and south to the harbor.    Much nicer view than my workstation.

At lunch a coworker and I walked over to Zuccotti Park to check out the food carts. We wound up with felafel sandwiches.  Next time I think I’ll try the chicken over rice.

At the end of the day I walked back to the subway, dealt with the craziness that is NYC at rush hour, and then the long ride home to Long Island ...




Comments

  1. I feel for your commute - but, oh, that view, can't wait to see a picture. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A view of the next building. Aren't you lucky? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will get some of that walking in each day, rather than needing the trip to Sunken Meadow or Jones Beach! Enjoy exploring those changes to the area.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday