Another this and that

So I'm loving being in the city again, but the commute is killing me.  I'm getting up at  "zero dark thirty" these days and racing for that 7:11 train.  I'm soooooo tired.....

The Tuesday night commute home was awful.  I didn't realize Long Island had "monsoon season".  Really.  I opened up my umbrella as soon as I got off the train, but by the time I walked from the platform to my car, I was drenched.  And the streets were flooded.  To make matters worse, I had to run an errand at my company's Long Island office before I headed home. 

In fact, my sneakers were still soaking wet Wednesday morning.  So much fun...

But lunch time has been fun, all the different places to buy food, all the interesting places to walk. And interesting photos for the blog, of course.


I re-joined Planet Fitness.  You'll recall I dropped my Planet Fitness membership when I joined the JCC, then dropped my JCC membership when I realized I could use the gym at my office without paying any sort of memberhsip fee.  Well, since my surgery in July, I haven't been doing much of anything.  And I can feel the difference.  It's time to go back, and Planet Fitness is the best option for me right now.  It will be fun.

Our weekend plans revolve around baseball.  That won't come as a surprise to anyone who knows us.  Our Long island Ducks are playing in the Atlantic League Championship series.    It's a "best of 5" series against the Sugarland Skeeters. The first two games were in Texas, with all remaining games to be played on Long Island.  The Skeeters won the first game Tuesday night.  I haven't seen the score from last night's game yet.  Game 3 is Friday night, and Drew will be going by himself, because I won't get home from work until after the game is underway.  We have tickets for games 4 (Saturday night) and 5 (sunday afternoon).  It's exciting.

Now, if only I weren't so tired ....

Comments

  1. New York City type commutes are so exhausting. I did it (The Northeast Bronx to lower Manhattan near City Hall) for one summer as a college student. My father did it (and two subway stops further south) for many years. I do not envy you. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your commute. Getting up early every morning... Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday