Helicopters!

You know I love anyhting that flies. At lunchtime Wednesday I decided to take a walk along the East River, and found myself at the Wall Street Heliport.  I had a chance to see a few helicopters.











So cool.

Ands then on Thursday, there was some excitement in our office.  We can see the heliport from our windows, and we frequently hear the helicopters taking off and landing.  For the most part we ignore it, but huge military helicopters are hard to ignore.  "Someone" was taking a helicopter to the airport, leaving NYC and heading back to Washington, D.C. 

My photos and video picked up the glare from our windows, but nevertheless...





This one was flying towards the Verrazano Bridge.






There are definitely perks to this job.

#skywatchfriday

Comments

  1. Great capture . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that last one looks like an Osprey. They have tilt rotor propellers that allow them to move like either a helicopter or plane. Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. It's nice to be able to watch the comings and goings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to watch helicopters from the ground. But, given my tendency to vertigo, I think I will keep it that way. My best friend once got a helicopter trip around New York Harbor as an anniversary gift and she very much did not enjoy it!!! But your videos were cool. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday