Fake news

Fake news and celebrity  death hoaxes are not a child of the internet. There is one I blogged about several years ago, which I am reposting today.

http://songbirdscrazyworld.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-wish-ringo-starr-long-and-happy-life.html

I wish Ringo Starr a long and happy life

but does anyone else here get the irony if Paul winds up being the last surviving Beatle?



remember the "Paul is Dead" hoax?

I remember finding out about it when I was about 10, we went to visit my parents' friends, and their son -- who was a few years older than me -- showed me a newspaper article detailing all of the "clues" that supposedly proved Paul died in 1966.  The rumor  started in 1969, some 3 years after the "death", and quickly spread.

 The clues included how Paul was portrayed on the cover of the Abbey Road album, and that John allegedly said "I buried Paul" at the end of the song "Strawberry Fields" (he actually said "cranberry sauce").  there are references to an auto accident in "A Day in the Life" that supposedly describe Paul's death as well.

He looked really animated for a man whose been dead  over 40 years when I saw him at Citi Field last July.

Comments

  1. News mostly celebraity seems to go in cycles. I can't tell you how many time I've seen something that Bob Denver (Gilligan) died. And he died back in 2005

    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fake news has been around for thousands of years. But now, it travels instantaneously. Many don't trust anything they read anymore, which may or may not be a good thing. And, oh yes, I certainly remember "Paul is Dead". Oh, for the days when you could play songs backwards - some people, even then, had too much time on their hands. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday