random thoughts

I keep hearing on the weather report that it's an El Nino year, that we might not get a lot of snow this year,  I think I can live with that.

I guess we can call Jen our resident "El Nino expert".  One of her writing assignments in second grade involved El Nino.  She asked why there was no snow that winter, and the teacher asked her to find the answer and write about it. 

One of my work friends sent me a news clipping about a former coworker.  Very juicy gossip.  He was arrested because he was growing marijuana in his basement.  He didn't seem the type...

Don't you just hate it when you get to work and realize you left something important at home?  The other morning I had to run into the 7-11 because I forgot my hand cream, a real necessity this time of year.

Don't you just love it when the phone rings at midnight, and it's the doorman from your daughter's building, thinking he's calling her cell phone, to let her know the intercom system isn't working and she has a visitor? 

Last week I saw an article in the NY Daily News about a new website, a "Disney Dating" site, where people are paired up based on which Disney movies and Disney songs they prefer.  I sent the link to Becca, my "Disney Princess".    Later she tweeted that at least 6 different people sent her the link.  Guess her love of all things Disney is well known.


So I was sitting in synagogue, with a yarmulke bobby-pinned to my hair so it wouldn't fall off  during that whole "sit down, stand up, bow, repeat" sequence that we do every morning, and I couldn't help but wonder how bald men manage to keep their yarmulkes in place. (Yeah, my thoughts tend to wander off in weird directions at 7:00 AM, before I've had my coffee.)


I'm really looking forward to this year's office party/holiday lunch.  Last year we ate at a very nice Italian place at the mall.  Loved the food, hated the parking situation.  This year we're going to the steakhouse across the street from our office.  Much better choice, I think.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars movie.  I liked the three original movies, didn't really care for the three prequels, but the new incarnation looks like it will be a lot of fun

Not to mention, the Dr. Who Christmas episode looks interesting, too.

Now, if we could only finalize our New Year's Eve plans.  It's a royal pain every year. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday