Go, Go, Go Joseph

So...this week's Torah portion is part of the "Joseph" story -- Joseph is in jail, and he is called upon to interpret the dreams of Pharaoh's butler and baker.  One man will be pardoned and return to Pharaoh's service, the other will be executed. This is the foreshadowing of Joseph's later experience, interpreting Pharaoh's dreams. 

Andrew Lloyd Webber is back on my radar.  He's got a show on Broadway again, for the first time in a long time.  He  wrote the music for School of Rock.  I saw the company present one of their songs during the Thanksgiving Day Parade.

And then, over the weekend, Drew and I were talking about all those great Christmas specials you used to see on TV.  Folks like Perry Como, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, Andy Williams...which led us into talking about the Osmond Brothers....

I think you can see where I'm going here....

Yes, presented for your viewing pleasure ...

Donny Osmond as the title character in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.








 

Comments

  1. I found that on YouTube a few years ago when I needed Herod's Song for a class. Stopped and watched from the beginning. Donny was surprisingly good and I loved the Narrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday