My Name Is Victoria Winters

For the first time since I have come to live at Collinwood, I am away from the gloomy mansion I now call home. Waiting to see a man who may be able to help me in my search for my identity.


Yes, as you know, Drew and I are fans of the 1960's cult classic TV series, Dark Shadows. Well, Drew more than me, but we both liked the show. And the two movies made with original cast members.

(I don't remember the 1991 revival of the series -- it wasn't very good. The Johnny Depp movie two years ago was ok, but not fantastic.)

We used to go to Dark Shadows conventions at The World Trade Center back in the 80's. It was interesting to see the actors, blooper reels from the show, crazed fans swooping up mementos of the show . . .

When we visited Newport, RI, also before the children were born, we walked along the Cliff Walk and saw Carey Mansion, used for exterior shots of the fictitious Collinwood. And we took a trip to Tarrytown to see Lyndhurst Castle, the mansion used in House of Dark Shadows and Night of Dark Shadows.

That was a long time ago, of course. But we had fun.

So a few months ago, Drew said to me "There's a Dark Shadows convention in Tarrytown in June. Want to go?"

What could I say?


We're headed up there Friday night for a weekend of witches and ghosts and mysterious mansions. And the original tortured vampire, Barnabas Collins.


Should be interesting.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday