Valentine's Day dinner

I was going to write an Urbanspoon review tonight, but realized I've reviewed the restaurant before. Several times, actually. We went to Ayhan's in Westbury, they had a prixe fix menu for Valentine's Day. Suffice to say it met our expectations, and of course we will be back.

Drew and I are very fortunate. We live in an area where we have copious choices whenever we want to dine out. From the little hole in the wall in Chinatown to the fine dining experience in the West Village, from the south shore seafood restaurant to the Greek/Turkish place we visited tonight, New York City and Long Island offer a variety of dining experiences. Fast food, national chains, local places, we love them all.

And we are fortunate we have the means and the time to explore our options. We dine out at least 2-3 times a week. And why shouldn't we? We work hard for the money, and how we choose to spend it is not up for debate.

I will celebrate my birthday on Tuesday, and I'm not shy about announcing my age -- I'll be 54. My children are grown, I'm not actively parenting them, it's time for me to enjoy my life.

I love dining out. So I am enjoying.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

  1. Glad you got to enjoy.

    I'd planned on cooking and then going out tonight, but my motivation was not there. We went to our favorite sushi place.

    When asked what we miss most about LI, top answer is always 'the food'. So much variety compared to here. We do find many good restaurants, but there aren't nearly as many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food truck posts always make me hungry, though. We had a number of trucks in Jersey City, but the local restaurants objected, and the trucks don't come by anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A