Sometimes I hate it when I'm right

So awhile back I discovered that Drew hadn't been to the dentist in years. As in, well over a decade.

That truly surprised me. He has health issues, and is meticulous about keeping up with his doctor appointments.

His explanation was that his dental insurance pays maybe half of the cost and that he didn't want to spend the money. I told him I much prefer real teeth to dentures and that I didn't want to kiss dentures, and that he should see a dentist before his teeth started falling out of his mouth.

He wasn't happy about that at all.

Well...he finally saw a dentist. Why? Because he broke a crown. And the resulting toothache sent him running . . .he has a low threshold for pain.

So he needs root canal on the tooth, he's on antibiotics for the infection, and he's got an appointment with the periodontist to fix a decade's worth of neglect.

Better late than never.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A