Louie's

Our annual pilgrimage to Louie's for Drew's birthday lobster. Someday I will actually get here in the summer so I can sit on the deck and enjoy the view of Manhasset Bay and Long Island Sound.

Tonight's menu included our favorite lobster bisque. Very filling. Drew had a broiled Maine Lobster, served with cole slaw and corn on the cob. The gift card was for a 1 1/2 pound lobster, but for a small fee he upgraded to a 2 pound lobster. We'll worth it.

I had a "special" surf and turf - filet mignon with a creamy horseradish sauce accompanied by broiled shrimp, served on a bed of spinach. The shrimp were huge! The sauce was very interesting, just enough horseradish to give it flavor but not enough to overpower. Excellent.

As you know, I rarely order dessert. But when I saw chocolate lava cake on the menu. . . well, it reminded me of the chocolate melting cake on our cruise last summer. Chocolate cake with a fudge, gooey center. Fresh whipped cream with blackberries and raspberries. A scoop of vanilla ice cream. Heaven on a plate.

 Louie's on Urbanspoon
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A