Will you dress up for Halloween? What will you be?

I still like to wear costumes, to indulge my imagination and my fantasies and become something, or someone, that I'm not.


My two favorite Halloween costumes...

One year in college we went to a Halloween party at a club.  We all wore and I dressed as a medieval lady, complete with long dress and a veil.  I even had a key ring hanging from a belt around my waist. Tom was an 1930's style gangster,  but without a gun -- he wanted to borrow the fake .45 Kenny had, but after that gun almost got us kicked off campus...

In law school I went to a party dressed as a space alien (some would say as my "true self").  I started with black shirt, black pants, black boots.  I had a short cape, aqua chiffon with gold sequins at the collar and hem.  A headband with a pair on antennae, topped with gold balls.  I wrapped sections of my air with tin foil, like they do in salons when you get highlights.    And I used green eyeshadow all over my face.  Weird, but I loved it.

But I haven't dressed up for Halloween in ages.

The last time I wore a costume for anything was...well, about five-six years ago, for the Jewish holiday of Purim.  Purim, a spring holiday,  is like Mardi Gras, it's about carnivals and dressing up and having fun.  Our synagogue had a party, the theme was "Purim, pirates and pasta", the Rabbi dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow, and I found the perfect pirate costume...

Maybe I'll resurrect the pirate costume for Halloween this year...

Comments

  1. good post. Interesting costumes. have a good day. ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A