relationships

The other day my mother asked me "Are you going to go back to Drew?  I mean, marry him again?"

I gave her a noncommittal response, because I really didn't want to discuss it with her at that moment.

But the relationship Drew and I have had over the years has been...well, truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.  I've known him since I was 19 years old.  We broke up and got back together several times before we got engaged and married.  We had a very bitter, nasty divorce.  And then we reconciled. 

So I'm dating the man I divorced, the man with whom I had two beautiful children. I'm here, at his house, more than I am at my own home.  Sounds like a plot from a soap opera, doesn't it?

I don't know where this relationship is going.  I don't know where it will lead. but I am enjoying what I have, I am enjoying the moment.

And for now, that's enough.

Comments

  1. ok, I just have to say...that sounds awesome! Maybe second time's the charm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we are much older now than when we were married. Maturity helps you see things in perspective, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're both happy with the way things are, why change it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A