How do I get off the merry-go-round?

My dad came back from rehab last week.  Yesterday morning we called the paramedics to bring him back to the local hospital.  Nothing major but serious enough to have him admitted for a few days.

When  my dad came home from rehab  we knew he faced many, many more doctor visits.  In fact he's supposed to go into Manhattan Monday to meet with the team that will do the transcatheter aortic valve replacement -- fancy new procedure that is minimally invasive.  We hope that he can come home from local hospital in time to keep this appointment.


My dad's been sick for a long time, but . . . Well, not like this.  I saw a steady and obvious decline in his health from last summer until May.  And on May 10 he was admitted to the hospital, and the present saga began.

It's like a merry-go-round of doctors and hospitals, one we can't seem to stop.    And I know where this is inevitably leading . . .the only question is when . . .

Comments

  1. I'm dealing with a similar situation with my grandpa. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable, even if it means he won't be struggling anymore. I hope you are able to find comfort during this time and that the drama is kept to a minimum. Sending you virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday