so the e-mail said...

NaBloPoMo wants us to talk about things we've rescued or saved.

for me that triggers thoughts of many of the pets I've had over the years.

Molly the beagle. We got her from a shelter. the sweetest, dumbest animal that ever walked the face of the planet. when my daughter jen was a baby, she learned to stand up by grabbing Molly's ears and pulling herself up. That dog never complained, not once.

TJ the cat. My mother was working at a local courthosue at the time. Someone found a cute orange kitten abandoned in a box in the woods nearby. My mother broguht him home "temporarily" because we had a cat (Cinders) and cat food and could take care of him until other arrangements were made. My mom had that cat until he died 10 years later.

And then, of course, there's Mr. Kitty. The self-rescued cat. At the time Mr. Kitty joined our family we already had three other cats in residence. there's a pond about a quarter of a mile down the road from my house, which has become a dumping fround for unwatned cats. The cats must either become feral or die. Mr. Kitty was a tiny kitten, about 4 weeks old, when he was "dumped". He found his way to our house....we used to keep cat food on the back deck for one of the cats...well, the rest is history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday