More Ramblings

 Deep purple. No, not the band.  That was the color my arm turned on Friday after I had bloodwork done.  

There was a bad auto accident not too far from here on Friday that made national news.  An SUV plowed into a nail salon.  Four dead (including an off duty police officer just getting her nails done) and nine injured.  The driver was arrested for DWI.  Horrible.

The mock rye from Bare Naked Bakery has to be the best gluten free bread I’ve ever had.  Seriously.  It was soft and fluffy, and actually tasted like bread. Like real bread.  I will have to try more of their products.

So much “fun” yesterday…took my car in for service (oil change, brakes, state inspection). Sigh. 

We went out last night, we had Italian food…I had a veal dish, sautéed with a Marsala sauce, with gluten free pasta.  It was incredible.

We have tickets for a Ducks game July 4.  It’s fireworks night.  It’ll be fun.

I’m so excited for the move.  I’ve driven past the house a few times.  Current tenants are moving out today and we get the keys tomorrow.

Comments

  1. The nail salon accident made the national news, as you know. Horrible. I used to have family in Copiague, which is also in the Town of Babylon (who we would visit from time to time using the LIRR) but I was never that familiar with areas north of Copiague.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drew grew up in Deer Park and the driver lives in my hometown. We know the area where it happened, we’ve both shopped there. Horrible, isn’t it?

      Delete
  2. Yes, I read about that tragedy. For some reason, and it seems backwards to me, my car is old enough to not get the smog checks now. Saves a bit. I'm fortunate it has a life-time oil change with dealers here in OR, since I bought it in CA. I have to take a Ford to Toyota, but it's free for a lifetime! I doubt they sell those deals anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to take my car in soon, and I'm dreading it. Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!