Wednesday HodgePodge

From this Side of the Pond

Joyce has more questions.

1. Are you currently operating at 100% capacity? If not, what % are you? What's keeping you there?


Not at all near 100% these days.  Knee and back pain are keeping me from doing all I want.  And I'm so busy at work these days that some other pursuits are getting left behind.  And I don't know what the solution is.

2.  Have you done your taxes? Planned/booked a summer holiday? Thought about or started your 'spring cleaning'? Besides what's listed here, tell us one task that needs doing before spring rolls around.

Taxes are done, I always see the accountant in mid February.  Getting a small refund this year.  We do our "spring cleaning" just before Passover, and the holiday comes early this year, so I guess it's time to start thinking about it.  Haven't given much thought to summer plans yet.

3. What's a favorite food from your part of the country?

I am blessed to live in the New York metro area, with its wealth of food choices. I think the best of this area is epitomized by Molly O'Neill's New York Cookbook. (Enjoy the preview.)  New York pizza.  New York bagels.  Felafel  Jamaican beef patties.  Empanadas.  Dim sum.  Cannoli.  Knishes.  Spanikopita.  Pad Thai.  Black and white cookies. 

So, who could possibly choose just one?


4. This isn't a leap year, but let's run with it anyway...look before you leap, a leap of faith, grow by leaps and bounds, leap to conclusions, leap at the opportunity...which phrase might best be applied to your life currently (or recently)? Explain.

Leap at the opportunity.  It's work-related, and therefore too boring to blog about.

5. As the month draws to a close list five fun and/or fabulous things (large or small) you noticed or experienced in February.

It's been a fun month.  Drew's birthday party.  The ballet.  Free pancakes at iHop on my birthday.  The peacocks at the Milleridge Inn.  Black Panther.  The start of the Mets' spring training.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Small world time.  I had a business meeting on East 42nd Strret yesterday.  I was in the lobby, at the security desk, showing the guard my driver's license so I could get my pass to go upstairs, when I heard a familiar voice.  I turned around, and there were Drew's aunt and uncle.  Her doctor has an office in the same building; they were leaving just as I was arriving.

Comments

  1. One of my daughters just loves New York bagels! She says they are the best and anything else is a waste of time. LOL I'm right there with you on #1. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked in NYC for 3 years and loved those bagels! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is a small world. We went to Puerto Vallarta in Jan. and as we were leaving my aunt and uncle from Canada arrived at the same resort! Without any of us knowing about the other....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a small world moment. What are the odds? (I hope the work news is good news.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's just say I worked my tail off for my annual raise and bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love NY too, the food especially.I think bagels are definitely one of those foods best ordered in NJ or NY.Have a nice weekend! Are you getting snow?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday