More this and that

Yesterday’s Google Doodle ...I must have listed my birthday in my Google profile because the doodle was “birthday candles” and it linked to sites that talked about all the famous people born on February 18.

Yesterday I heard from my cousin.  Well, technically we aren’t related.  When D was six years old, his father married my aunt. His father died when D was 11, and we lost track of each other for many years.  I always hear from D on my birthday, because his birthday is the day after mine and we are the same age.  He texted me yesterday to wish me a happy birthday, and today I will text him to wish him a happy birthday.

D lives in Parkland, FL.  His kids went to the high school where the shooting took place.  He was in a Starbucks near the school when the shooting happened, he saw lots of frightened kids.

Another friend of mine posted about the hero teacher who came from my home town.  H grew up in my home town on Long Island, but he moved to Florida after college.  He went to high school with the deceased teacher.

Six degrees of separation indeed.

I was so impressed with the five Parkland students who made the rounds of the Sunday talk shows.  Educated and articulate, they stated their case in no uncertain terms.  They are our hope for the future.

Duchess has learned a new trick.  Drew likes to keep a collar on her, with a bell, so he knows where she is.  Clever cat has learned how to take the collar off.  She’s strictly an indoor cat, but she loves to sit in the window and watch the backyard show.  Birds are her favorites, she makes little growling noises when she sees them.   But lately she’s been interested in the other cats that dare to enter her yard.

My friend L is back at rehab.  She was in the hospital for awhile, pneumonia so bad that we all thought she was going to die.  But she bounced back.  She posted on Facebook that she still has a lot of singing to do.  

Another friend, K, is home, off work while she’s recovering from pneumonia.  Obviously not as bad a case as L, but still...

I had pneumonia once, about 20 years ago.  Landed me in the hospital for almost a week.  Not fun.

I was smart this year, made sure to get my flu shot.  Considering how terrible flu season has been this year, I am so glad I did.   

I can’t afford to be sick, I still have a lot of birthday celebrations lined up.

Oh, yes, the celebrations will continue.


Comments

  1. Songbird, you sound like a cheerful soul. I found you today through Dora's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday. And happy birthday to your cousin. I hope all that have been sick get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A