Bobb Howard's General Store

A small but fun local business, Bobb Howard's General Store is a treasure for children of the 1950's and 1960's.  A small store annexed to an auto repair shop, it features "old" toys and candy.





Drew has known about this place for years, but I had never been.


  So when he told me that they were giving away free egg creams, we had to go.

Step inside and you feel like you've stepped into the past.





I especially liked Bozo the clown:




Lots of other retro toys, a Coke machine, even popcorn.







But the big draw is the candy.  Lots and lots of candy.









Oh my...it was incredible.

Here's my haul:




Mallomars, Sugar Daddy, Sugar Babies, Bonomo Turkish Taffy, a candy necklace, Good & Fruity, Bottlecaps...

Nostalgia Central  So much fun.

If you want to learn more, I found  video:




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A