another this and that

"Oops" moment of the week:  the National Weather Service accidentally issued a tsunami warning for the East Coast while testing the "push notification" system.  Of course, there was no tsunami. 

But I didn't realize February was monsoon season in New York.  I had an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday, and I had to drive there and back in the pouring rain.  A deluge.  Highway signs indicating (superfluously) that there was poor visibility due to rain and fog.  The only bright spot?  It wasn't snow.

Remember my frustration over my medical treatment, or absence thereof, for my right knee?  I wrote about it here.  Well, at my appointment with the doctor on Wednesday we revisited my treatment options.  And he made his pitch to my insurance company.  And the verdict is in:  my right knee finally qualifies for the gel injections.

 I'm a tad bit upset with Dunkin' Donuts.  They "streamlined" the menu and eliminated my favorite sandwich -- the veggie egg white flatbread.  You can get  a veggie egg white sandwich on a bagel or an English muffin, but not on a flatbread.  I'm disappointed.   but I'll get over it.  Especially when I get that free coffee on my birthday.

Yes, I love the freebies all the chains give loyal customers on their birthday.  Benihana, IHOP, Cold Stone Creamery, Olive Garden, The Melting Pot, Red Robin...sign up for a rewards card and celebrate your birthday all month long.  Drew celebrated his birthday this week, my birthday is coming up next week, so we are having quite a party.

Speaking of parties...Drew celebrated a milestone birthday this year, so he wanted a real celebration.  We invited 30 of his nearest and dearest to lunch at an Italian restaurant.  Food was excellent, the company even more so.    And Drew was in all his glory. 

Comments

  1. Glad you can get the gel injection finally. Stupid insurance companies...

    Could you try ordering the veggie egg and then substitute in the flatbread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did away with the flatbread altogether, I’m afraid.

    Health insurance in this country sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It not a right for insurance companies to say which or what type of medical treatment one can have.
    I could go on and on.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday