Wednesday HodgePodge








Joyce always has interesting questions.

1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?

Chaos Reigns

2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what's the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave?

I'd go crazy without a microwave.  Popcorn, leftovers, frozen dinners, I love to heat things up in the microwave.  Very conveninet to have one at work at lunchtime.

3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?

"Merry New York Christmas".  I love NYC at Christmastime, we always make a trip into Manhattan to see the tree at Rockefeller Center.

4. Describe the most beautiful drive you've ever taken.

Many years ago, before the kids were born, Drew and I took a ride from Long Island to Sturbridge, Massachusetts.  It was October, and the fall foliage was incredible.

5. What's something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)

Being Jewish, I don't celebrate Christmas.  I love the season, I appreciate the decorations and the music and festivities, but I don't have a "Christmas list".  Yet, as the New Year approaches, I find myself thinking of what I'd like to see in the coming year.  My wishes are not for myself, but for my family.  I'd like to see my children happy in their jobs and happy in their personal relationships.  I want Drew to be restored to health after a grueling year.  I won't share my wishes for other family members, though, but it's been a tough year for us in a lot of ways, and I'd like to see that change.

Now, if you're asking me what I want for Chanukah...I wouldn't say "no" to the Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch.


6. Insert your own random thought here.


Every time I walk into The Pit Stop and order the spaghetti squash primavera, I feel like a celebrity, because that's the dish the owner cooked for Guy Fieri on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives."

Comments

  1. I love that Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often thought it would be fun to be able to check out all the spots featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. So cool that you get to eat at one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, New England in the fall! It is spectacular! And I love NY this time of year especially too. Hoping the new year brings all you are hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get all your seasonal wishes.
    I think the best drive I've ever taken is the 101 from Ventura to Santa Barbara. Beautiful. Along the coast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday