work

I used to work in Jersey City, New Jersey, in an office tower on the waterfront, across the river from the World Trade Center.  Great location -- I saw Sully's plane in the Hudson, I saw the Enterprise Shuttle arrive in NYC and be transported up river to the USS Intrepid -- but horrible, horrible commute from my home on Long Island.

I used to work in lower Manhattan.  Another great neighborhood, lots of shopping and restaurants to keep me busy at lunchtime, and you never know what you're going to see in the city.  I remember all the ticker tape parades that happened while I was there.  But again, the commute...

And now I work in a suburban office complex, ten minutes from my house.  Not nearly as exciting, but yeah, the commute...

I can't say that I love, love, love my job, but I do like it. Though right now I'm busier than I've ever been, with all sorts of new work flowing in...feeling a bit overwhelmed.

And I'm excited that a friend of mine, from my Jersey City days, is joining our company on Monday.  He's a nice guy, very smart, works hard. He'll help ease the burden.

And I'm frustrated with another co-worker, who's trying to get me to do her work for her.  Did a favor for her yesterday, and today she's back in my office, asking for more...

Comments

  1. Commute is easy for me. I guess that the advantage living a spase populated area...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you couldn't move closer to the other jobs. I hope you figure out a solution for your coworker.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A