Grrrrr

It took me an hour and twenty minutes to drive the 41 miles from my daughter's apartment to my house.  And that was the shorter trip.  Going from my house to her apartment took over two hours.

Becca lives on West 43rd and 10th, in the heart of Hell's Kitchen.    She was Home for Father's Day, and had far too much to carry back to the city for the LIRR to be a feasible option.  "Mom, can you drive me?"  It has a familiar ring to it ...

You don't want to drive from Long Island to Manhattan on a Sunday night in the summer if you can avoid it.  Trust me on that one.

It seems like half the population of NYC spends its summer weekends in the Hamptons or on Fire Island, and they all drive home on Sunday night.

Add to that the extra traffic from Father's Day, a couple of accidents on the road, and the major construction project that has one tube of the Midtown Tunnel closed, and you've got a recipe for a miserable ride.

So we took the 59th Street Bridge, and rode across town through a Central Park.  

Driving in Manhattan is not exactly my favorite thing ...pedestrians who cross against the light, taxis that cut you off ...that idiot who made the left turn from the far right lane...

Ah, the things we do for our children ...

Comments

  1. Sounds like any holiday weekend around here. I can't wait for driverless cars. Although, that'll probably create traffic nightmares of its own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday