Wednesday Hodgepodge

Joyce's questions this week focus on summer.



1. The first day of summer rolls in later this week. What are ten things you'd put on your list of  quintessential summer activities? Will you try to manage all ten this summer?

Not sure I can come up with ten.  But summer means swimming in a pool, trips to the beach, backyard barbecues, baseball games, the Renaissance Faire, day trips to interesting places, going out for ice cream or Italian ices, buying tomatoes or corn or whatever from a local farmstand...all of which are very, very doable.


2. Do you collect seashells when you're at the beach? What do you do with them once you get them home? What's your favorite place to comb for seashells? How many of these 'best beaches for hunting seashells' have you visited? Which one would you most like to visit?

Calvert Cliffs State Park (Maryland), Jeffrey's Bay (South Africa), Sanibel Island (Florida), Shipwreck Beach (Lanai Hawaii), Ocracoke Island (North Carolina), Galveston Island (Texas) and The Bahamas

I live on Long Island, I go to the beach regularly, and yes, I do collect shells occasionally.  I've got a few in my office right now.

Of all the famous beaches just mentioned, I've been to two.  (1) Drew and I took a cruise to the Bahamas on our honeymoon, and we did spend time on a beach there, but I don't recall bringing any seashells home. (2) Drew's parents moved to southwest Florida when they retired, and we visited them a few times.  We made two trips over to Sanibel Island.  The first time, we never made it to the beach -- it started to rain shortly after we got there.  The second time, Drew had a fender bender in the parking lot, which put a real damper on the day.  

Of all the rest, I think I'd like to go to Hawaii next.

3. At a snail's pace, shell out money, come out of your shell, go back into your shell, drop a bombshell, happy as a clam, clam up...which 'shell' phrase could most recently be applied to some event or circumstance in your life? Explain.

The phrase is "clam up" and it's very simple.  I really, really dislike someone, that person has become very annoying, but discretion being the better part of valor, I say nothing.


4. What summer activity do you dislike? Why?

I can't really think of anything at the moment.  

5. What's something you see as quickly becoming obsolete? Does that bother you?

Paper.  The printed word.  And no, I am not upset.  I'd rather live in a paperless environment, with documents existing as file folders on my computer.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

It's a beautiful summer day, so why am I spending it at my desk?



Comments

  1. Summer seems to be the theme on all the blogs today. It's fitting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday