Sully

It was one of those days you can never forget: January 15, 2009. 

I was sitting in my cubicle when someone said "There's  a plane down, it's in the Hudson!" 

I got up from my desk, walked over to the window, where a crowd had gathered, and looked at the river.

From our vantage point in Jersey City, 20 stories up, we could see the plane, we could see the ferries and the first responders in their boats.  But we were too far away to see any of the passengers.

Later that day, the plane drifted downriver, coming to rest at the World Financial Center, just across from my office. 

And there was Mayor Bloomberg, all over the TV, applauding the "Miracle On the Hudson".

So yes, of course I had to see the new Tom Hanks movie, Sully.

The movie begins after the crash, during the NTSB investigation.  We ultimately see the crash in flashback, during Sully's testimony before the board.

Watching a movie based on a real incident, one you remember, is an intense experience.  I was pulled in, involved, emotional.

Objectively, it's a decent movie.  Good characterizations, excellent acting (Tom Hanks is amazing), realistic special effects.    Definitely worth seeing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday