another this and that

As the MLB season comes to a close, the Mets are in first place in the race for the wild card, so it looks like we may see some October baseball....

Which is good news, considering the Ducks lost game 1 of their championship series to the Skeeters.

And it looks like we may need to wear our rain gear to the game Friday night. It's supposed to be rainy and windy all weekend.

I miss Jen.  Yes, we live in the same house, but we're both so busy lately that I hardly get to see her.  When I got home last night, she was getting ready for bed and was too tired to talk.  I hope she has fun this weekend in Baltimore -- a group of her friends are going there to see a Ravens' game.  I'm glad she's getting out of the house more often.

Drew and I will be taking Becca out to dinner soon.  He's never seen her apartment, and she wants to show it off a bit.

Sometimes it's hard to believe my babies are all grown up, with lives of their own.



So my friend who has spent the last few months in and out of the hospital is currently staying at a friend's house.  She can't go back to her own home, she lives in a basement apartment and cannot manage the stairs.  Her medical situation has not improved, and the doctor has suggested she consider amputation of her left foot.  That would be very much a life-altering experience, especially for her.  I've known others who have regained most, if not all, of their mobility while using a prosthetic foot or leg, but somehow I don't think my friend will be able to do that. Right now she needs an electric scooter to get around, and I'm afraid that will be a permanent change....I hope she can prove me wrong...

I start a yoga class tomorrow.  I've been using yoga videos for awhile now, but there's nothing like instruction from a real, live teacher.  I'm feeling strong  and healthy and anxious to take on this new activity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday